Angela teaches you a variety of ways to make your longarm quilting the best it can be! First, make almost 20 different feathers on a longarm sewing machine. Next, learn how to read and utilize paper pantographs by auditioning your pantographs on quilter’s vinyl, advancing the quilt on the quilt frame, and semi-customizing your pantograph patterns. Finally, learn traditional methods, shortcuts, and other quick tips for loading a quilt on a frame.
This DVD includes three classes:
- Fun and Easy Beginner Feathers
- How to Use Edge-to-Edge Paper Pantographs
- How to Load a Quilt on a Longarm Quilting Frame
In these classes, you’ll learn how to:
- Use stencils to train the eye, brain, and body to make a variety of shapes.
- Transfer designs to fabric before stitching using transfer mesh.
- Quilt from the back of the longarm machine with tips on where to position your body.
- Treat the negative space left by a modern, interlocking pantograph.
- Treat the borders of your quilt with pantograph patterns.
- Identify how a quilting frame functions and how it works to keep a quilt square.
- Read your batting and learn what type of batting works best.
- Troubleshoot common problems like excessive fullness and adding batting.