This hands on class will focus on how to use straight edge machine quilting rulers on a longarm quilting machine. The basic straight edge ruler is where most folks start when learning how to use rulers on a quilting machine. We will tackle Stitch in the Ditch techniques, border designs with corners and a few block designs. This class is designed for our rental customers who would like to explore guided custom quilting and for those who own their own longarm quilter and are looking to grow their skills. You’ll share a machine with a sewing partner in this class- limit 2 per machine. A hands on class is the best way to learn these valuable skills. This class is taught by Angela Huffman.
Cost of class includes materials fee which covers backing fabric/thread and machine costs. If you own a straight edge machine quilting ruler please bring it to use in class. If you do not own one we will have one for you to borrow. Student will need to bring batting and marked top fabric for class.
- Prepared quilt top (you’ll receive instructions when you register for class)
- Fabric Marker that will show up on the colors of fabrics you are using in your quilt top
- 35″ x 35″ square of batting (any kind)
- Straight edge machine quilting ruler (we like the Lily Lines Rulers and the Jessica’s Edge Rulers)
- Common school classroom type ruler for paper marking
- Unlined Paper
- Notebook for taking notes
- Pen and Pencil
- Snips for use at machine
Click here to see our Quilted Joy class policies. Longarm Machine Quilting with Rulers Spotlight: Straight Edge is categorized as a “class” for our policies.