This hands on class will focus on how to use straight edge machine quilting rulers on a domestic sewing machine or a sit down longarm quilting machine. The basic straight edge ruler is where most folks start when learning how to use rulers on a quilting machine. We will tackle Stitch in the Ditch techniques, border designs with corners, and a few block designs. A hands on class is the best way to learn these valuable skills. This class is taught by Angela Huffman.
If you own a straight edge machine quilting ruler please bring it to use in class. If you do not own one we will have one for you to borrow. Student will need to bring batting and marked top fabric for class.
- Sewing machine in good working order (Or use ours for $15 – limit 5, please request a machine when you sign up)
- Prepared quilt top sandwiched (you’ll receive instructions when you sign up for class)
- Fabric marker that will show up on the colors of fabrics you are using in your quilt top
- Flat work table (Plexiglass or similar) that can be slid onto bed of machine so you have a flat space to work within
- Ruler foot for your sewing machine
- Manual (just in case)
- New Needle
- Seam Ripper
- Straight edge machine quilting ruler
- Common school classroom type ruler for paper marking
- Unlined paper
- Notebook for taking notes
- Pen and Pencil
- Snips for use at machine
- Snack in case you need it 🙂
Click here to see our Quilted Joy class policies. Longarm Machine Quilting with Rulers Spotlight: Straight Edge is categorized as a “class” for our policies.