T-shirt quilts are a special way to showcase memories from all those activities & special events. Elevate all those shirts from high school, college, or other fun activities. You’ve used your sewing machine for smaller tasks, now it’s time to put it to work creating a memory quilt for that special graduate, or any special person in your life! This class will teach you how to turn t-shirts into uniform blocks, and then set them together with sashing fabric so it is ready to be quilted. You’ll start with 4 of your t-shirts and be guided through creation of a simple 2 shirt x 2 shirt quilt top ready for the quilting! Once you learn how these four go together you’ll be able to create a t-shirt quilt top of any size you choose! Class includes a break for lunch
We carry everything you need and you’ll get 10% off class supplies!
- Sack Lunch – We’ll take a 30 minute lunch break. We do have a fridge and microwave here in the shop.
- Sewing machine in good working order with new needle (or use ours for $15 – limited to 5 people, please call us at 502-718-7148 to reserve a machine)
- 12.5” x 12.5” piecing ruler
- Rotary cutter
- Straight pins
- 1.5 yards of non-woven fusible interfacing
- 4 t-shirts freshly washed with no fabric softener
- Fabric Scissors
- Half yard of cotton fabric for borders
- Cotton thread
Click here to see our Quilted Joy class policies. Make: T-shirt Quilt Class is categorized as a “class” for our policies.